Thursday, March 17, 2011

Unbeatable Pair ~~ Pages In Time DT Challenge

This is a layout dedicated in loving memory of my Great Uncle Jim.



This is a picture of him and my Aunt Rosemary at my cousin Allen's wedding. They called for the couple married the longest, and as you can guess, with 70 plus years of marriage they were an "Unbeatable Pair."

This layout is based on the Thursday's Sketch of the week for Pages in Time. Karen from Pages in Time also challenged us to use these vintage playing cards on a page.



That was a challenge! I knew I had to make a page of my Uncle Jim next and I only had modern pictures that didn't seem to fit the cards, but I made them work. I used my remaining scraps from my February Counterfeit Kit. Maybe you might not have noticed, but I found it easier to use February's Kit than my March Kit.

This scroll is sheet music from my son's first band concert covered in glimmer mist and sparkles. The ribbon is remains from a Christmas gift bag. If you unravel the scroll, I included journaling about my Uncle Jim and Aunt Rosemary. I discovered my love of Die-Cut with a View papers. They are so pretty and easy to distress and manipulate.



These are my favorite flowers to make: elegant ruffles flowers. I also included another of my favorite embellishments a butterfly made with my Martha Stewart Punch. Again showing how great DCW papers are to use. With my new EK edge punch, I punched the sides of this layout.



And another look at the vintage card title. You can also see how I water distressed this page.



No comments:

Post a Comment