Saturday, March 10, 2012

Top Ten on the Tenth: Flowers


So while working on last month's album I knew I wanted it flower filled. As I was thinking about what flowers to use I decided to create a TOP TEN of my favorite flower tutorials. I love making my own embellishments ESPECIALLY flowers so that they coordinate perfectly to whatever layout or mini album I'm making.


Now on to the list:

10. Good old pin wheels for an even cooler touch add an edge punch. Or even circle pinwheels


plus another type using corner punches


9. My pal Allison's super easy folded flowers these look great made from material too.



8. metal flowers

7. kusudma flowers

6. passion daisy

5. Aster I also saw a tut using these steps but with felt and yarn twisted through. I think another strip of paper or ribbon twisted up and down as you curl the flower would look cool. And cutting slants you can get another aster like flower. And here's just one variation of the aster

4. glass flowers

3. wildroses

2. GabrielaP's 6 petal rose


1. And my "most favoritest flower" elegant ruffled flowers

5 comments:

  1. Stacey you know I love making my own flowers too! I love your collection and might have to try a few out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! All of them. Thanks for putting some of them together!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool!! Thanks so much for this list. Can't wait to try some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried the folded one with material, they look awesome & I love no. 7 can't wait to try those out.

    ReplyDelete