Saturday, January 28, 2012
The winter edition of Enchanting Creations is now posted. There is a great tutorial on barn stars that I adored. One of my favorite scrappy friends Lisa Duke had several items published. And the round robin serious showed by far some of the most amazing albums I have ever laid eyes on--talk about inspiration. And if you check out the magazine, stop by page 120 for something I'm pretty excited about.
see it here http://www.enchantingcreationsmag.com/
Sunday, January 22, 2012
This is the project with all the tags in place:
This is all the tags pulled out. The page itself is loosely based on a sketch by Tammy at Flying unicorn for the mojo Monday challenge. You see the "real estate."
Here's a close-up of the Donna Salazar dress form that I fussy cut. Also I cut the the gears on my Silhouette CAMEO™. I used it as a mask and the left over mask was used as a gear on the dress form peice.
My handmade cluster has a wire rose bush with some jean materials within the roses. The cameo was made with polymer clay and the mold my husband found me for Christmas. It's called the Krafty Lady Art Moulds. Plus I included a 3-d Martha monarch butterfly punch blinged up with Prima.
Here are two small tags peeking out from their hiding spot. Both tags were made with my Silhouette.
This is my dress form tag. I cut the dress form on my Silhouette. The copper flower was made using Best flexible Molds.
The corset is an origami fold (here's the tutorial) and the paper it is made from is actually wedding wrapping paper. I added jean material, beads, safety pins and lots of distressing.
RENEW- is my word of the year. My husband and I must adjust our lives and renew our love with the addition of the baby to the family. It's not that we have lost the love, but our love has transformed and "renew" was the best word I could think of to explain this transition in our lives.
• Bazzill Basics - 12 x 12 Cardstock - Canvas Texture - Brown
• Bazzill Basics - 8.5 x 11 Cardstock - Canvas Bling Texture - Black Tie
• GCD Studios - Donna Salazar - Antiquities Collection - 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper - Vintage Gears
• GCD Studios - Donna Salazar - Antiquities Collection - 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper - Tags, Ribbons and Mosaics
Stickers or Rub-Ons:
• Prima - Say It In Pearls Collection - Self Adhesive Jewel Art - Bling - Border Strips - Cream
Best flexible Molds
Krafty Lady Art Moulds
• Smooch - Spritz - Pearlized Accent Ink Spray - Ginger Ale
Dies an Punches:
• Silhouette America - Cameo - Electronic Cutting System
• Martha Stewart Crafts - Double Craft Punch - Large - Monarch Butterfly
• EK Success - American Girl Crafts - Petite Punch - Flower
Gels, Pastes, and Mediums:
Apple Barrel black acrylic paint; Folk art copper acrylic paint;
• Tonic Studios - Tim Holtz - Paper Distresser
dry wall tape
pink and black machine sewing
Thursday, January 5, 2012
Now for a tutorial. My first one using Movie Maker and Youtube. Thanks to a defiant, sticky "D" I may have some typos. I tried to fix all the bras to brads!
Wednesday, January 4, 2012
I got a super cool blinkie and more awesome Donna Salazar goodies. I've had so much fun playing with the stuff I already have.
Because I'm loving the jean material so much I've decided to host the Distress Challenge at sb.com again with denim as a twist.
I also found that my wonderful pal Cindy is hosting Denium blue challenge at Funtoolas.