Thursday, December 29, 2011

Memory Box


This is a project for my mom's birthday. I've always wanted to pose the kids for pictures to represent each month and order a calendar for my mom. Instead I decided to organize a calendar for her and she can select and order prints and collages to represent each month. The plan is for two mini albums (I use very bulky embellies) for each half of the year. This is the box itself - an altered cigar box.


Click to play  this Smilebox greeting
Create your own  greeting - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own digital ecard


How-Tos:
The name plate was made with a Forever In Time- chipboard tag. I adhered Styrofoam to the chippie and covered that in aluminum foil tape. I used a gel pen to "faux" engrave the plate. I layered the chippie in black, crackle medium, and copper paint.

The pocket watch is a chain and a bottle cap. I used my wire cutters to cut a slit into the top of the watch and I inserted a brad into the slit. Next I painted the chain and bottle cap in layers of black, crackle medium, and copper paint. I glued a clock face into the pocket watch and smeared a little brown chalk on the face. The last step was paint hands on the clock face an to add gloss accents to the clock face.


Pattern Paper:
• GCD Studios - Donna Salazar - Antiquities Collection - 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper - Queen Bees

Letter Stickers:

• K and Company - Eco-Modern Collection - Embossed Stickers – Alphabet

Embellishments:

• EK Success - Jolee's Boutique - 3 Dimensional Stickers with Gem and Glitter Accents - Gold and Silver Locks and Keys Repeats

•Prima - Say It In Pearls Collection - Self Adhesive Jewel Art - Bling - Border Strips – Cream

Forever In Time- chipboard tag

• Prima - Holiday Lights Collection - Glitter Sprays - Pearl • Martha Stewart Crafts - Double Craft Punch - Large - Monarch Butterfly

Dies an Punches:

EK Success - American Girl Crafts - Petite Punch - Flower

• EK Success - Paper Shapers - Slim Profile - Mini Punch Set - 2 Pieces - Flower and Retro Flower

• EK Success - Paper Shapers - Decorative Punch - Retro Flower

• EK Success - Paper Shapers - Slim Profile - Large Punch - Retro Flower

• Bazzill Basics - Chipboard Pack - 15 Sheets (for jean heart)

Coloring Mediums:

• Tattered Angels - Glimmer Mist Spray - Coffee Shop

Gels, Pastes, and Mediums

• Spackle mixed with a touch of Folk Art- copper

•Folk Art- copper, black, and crackle medium

Others:

Best flexible Molds- brass bird

• Bud Lite bottle cap for pocket watch

2 comments:

  1. Since I have 10 wooden cigar boxes of various shapes and sizes, I took particular interest in your conversion of just such a cigar box into a treasure box! Brilliantly done, and your mother will love this! I also thought your use of Smilebox to show us the detail was imaginative! Didn't even know you could do that! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the win!! This is just beautiful!! Very inspiring!! You know we are practically neighbors Stacey! I live in New Port Richey!! Maybe one day we can get together and scrap!! Or go on a photoshoot!! lol...

    ReplyDelete