Friday, December 9, 2011

Brought to You by the Letter "K"



and by Best flexible Molds by Penni Jo. I used their clay mold to make the "faux" dragonfly stick pin. To see the tutorial click here.

This was the first time I quilled letters in this fashion. Unfortunately they were lost on the page due to the beautiful but busy background paper. To make the letters stand out I created frames by smothering spackling on cardboard frames. I added white paint and a light coating of iridescent paint. Behind the frame I mount black card stock to really make the letters project off of the page.



I loaded the page full of my a variety of handmade flowers. I got a new set of itty-bitty EK flower punches so I had a great time punching, folding, twisting and gluing. Thanks to Adriana Bolzon's layout "Wish" for the idea of adding all the branch punches. It sure helped jazz up my bouquets.

No comments:

Post a Comment