Sunday, March 6, 2011

Easter-ific ~~ Counterfeit Kit Challenge




This layout was created using my counterfeit version of the "Wildflowers" add-on kit from Studio Calico. This was a picture of my now eleven year old son's first Easter egg hunt. I thought the butterflies and pink and floral colors from this kit would be perfect for Easter pages.

The large pink flower was made by my friend Amy. She has her own Etsy shop. Check out her great stuff. She has a pink piece of wood with a pretty floral set that would be perfect for this month's counterfeit kit.

Not sure how I feel about the title. I first traced a picture of a bunny between two basket. Next I added the letters. Then I went over everything in markers, pens, and color pencils trying to make the scene and letters merge together. It was my first attempt at this doodling technique a fellow scrapper found at papercraftjunkies.

I made the butterfly, tag, and flourishes. It's day two of the Counterfeit Kit Challenge and I have one layout done.

12 comments:

  1. Cute! That's a great flower.
    And kids grow up fast don't they I have an 11 yo too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice layout! I am glad to know I am not the only one that is 10 years behind in my scrapbooks. Are the pink dots on the lower right part an adhesive flourish or is it one of those viva decor pens?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love your title. Very creative layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pop of strong color that flower brings to your page - nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done! I love that big pink flower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been busy! I think the title is very interesting...I will have to try that.

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you did the title. Your page has a lot of great texture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great flower and flourishes - good job using that kit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY GOODNESS!
    Such a beautiful layout.
    I love all the embellies. Especially the rhinestone flourishes! :)
    - Jessica




    Counterfeit Kit DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty! I love the fresh colors, and your handmade flower! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete