Thursday, September 15, 2011

My Baby- Pages in Time Sketch



I used the Pages in Time sketch of the week for the inspiration for this page.




This is for my friend's baby album. I have one more page to make and the cover before I can get shipped out to her. And a big congrats to my dear friend on the arrival of her little princess.

I used princess gift wrap and other matching gift wrap to make this album. That gorgeous flower was one I received in a swap from Cassondra Bennett. I'm loving my new EK layered butterfly punch.

I created a waterfall. The idea has been done on cards and I couldn't see why i couldn't use it on a layout with pictures. It took me forever to figure it out, but now that I have you can expected to see this often. I love interactive features on pages.


Here's a close up of the continued Love You Forever story by Robert Munsch. Plus you can check out that gorgeous flower a little better in this shot and see the space where my friend will soon get to journal about her lil princess.




This is the cover to my friend's new addition. I based this on GabriellaP's "Natural Beauty". In place of the chippies I went with the shadowbox effect. This is my first with this technique and I love it. I also coated everything in modge podge to help keep it protected since it is the cover. Another reason for the modge podge is that my friend and I went through a phase together where we cover everything in modge podge.

Edge work around the shadow box.


Let me not forget the profound thank you to my dear friend Amy AKA "Crafty Mom of 5" for the incredible blue flowers and butterflies. You must check out her amazing work at her ESTY shop.


2 comments:

  1. Love the bright fun colours! Awesome job, your friend will adore this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an immensely beautiful, detailed, sweetly fabulous page!!! (And take on this week's sketch!)


    Oodles of hugs,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete