Daily Scrap Encouragement Progressive Style
To encourage one another to create pages I will post daily and weekly steps to creating a page. Feel free to follow along and to come by everyday and create a page. Or you can collect instructions for completing one page a week. The weekly instructions will be posted in steps the first two instructions on Monday, the next three instructions on Wednesday, and the final three instructions on Friday. The instructions are like the instructions we use for the progressive challenge.
Feel free to complete one page for this challenge or up to six pages for the challenge. Each completed page that follows a specific set of instructions will be eligible for a small RAK. This RAK will be awarded randomly.
Best part yet, use this as you complete pages for other challenges. Add the requirement for the other challenge into the steps assigned here.
* Your layout must follow the directions posted.
**Any size of layout or card, \ one or 2-pages are allowed. Sorry no digi layouts since one step will be to add something handmade to the page,
*** You can only upload new layouts from Monday the 13th June until Sunday 19th of June, 2011 at midnight sb.com time
****In your post include the date of the instructions you followed to complete your page,
***** If you get love, leave love. It’s important to complete pages but if you find the time pass on the love.
****** Feel free to post completed pages to the Mister Link at my blog site, but all contenders for the RAK must be posted at scrapbook.com in the daily/weekly encouragement forum.
Wednesday June 15 WEEKLY encouragement challenge… continued
STEP THREE- - select one of your pictures and do any two to the picture or mat
A) single mat at least one picture on black paper or cardstock
B) make a frame and on the frame do your journaling so that your handwriting is the decorative part of the frame
C) distress the edges of one by rough them with scissors, filing, sanding
Add three or more flowers and flourishes of your choice and number but THREE must be one of the following:
A)[url=http://mycreativescrapbook.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=1743]6 petal rose bloom[/url]
B) [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB_lOpnbJC4&feature=related]Camelot type flowers
C)[url=http://simplypaperandcreativity.blogspot.com/2010/07/elegant-ruffled-flower-tutorial.html]elegant ruffled flower[/url]
Add any number of flowers and flourishes of your choice and number but ONE must be one of the following:
A) [url=http://flyingunicornllc.blogspot.com/2010/05/tecchnique-tuesday-another-flower.html]puffy ribbon flower[/url]
B) [url=http://wendysscrappincorner.blogspot.com/2011/06/tutorial-grunge-delight.html]Grunge Delight Flowers[/url]
C) [url=http://increations.blogspot.com/2009/02/fringed-flowers-ii.html]double fringed flower[/url]
D) [url=http://foldingtrees.com/2008/11/kusudama-tutorial-part-1/]kusudama flower[/url]
STEP FIVE- Time to add embellishments. Feel free to add others or more but ONE must be ribbon, lace or some type of trim or fiber
Wednesday June 15 DAILY encouragement challenge
STEP TWO - gather your papers that you will use today paper do any one of the following to these papers
A) add texture to your page... try embossing or any creative measure you can. here's a tutorial on [url=http://kayskreativekorner.blogspot.com/2011/04/brick-texture-chipboard-tutorial.html]brick texture[/url]
C) Use an old book or magazine page as one of your papers
D) Paint on one or more of your papers
STEP THREE- - select one of your pictures and do any TWO to the picture or mat
1) Crop at least one to a shape other than the original
2) silhouette crop at least one picture (to make it fit the area on your sketch or scraplift place it on a mat that is about the size of the original
[url=http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/187619/view/2626557/-1.html][img]http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/public/2626557_8_187619.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/187619/view/2626557/-1.html]Keep Going & Going- LIFT[/url] By [url=http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/187619/view/2626557/-1.html]Ms.Schwiet[/url]
3) paper roll (or fake paper roll by glue paper behind picture). Here’s a tutorial on how this should be done, but feel free to improvise. [url=http://52sketches52weeks.ning.com/forum/topics/tutorial-creating-paper-curls]Rolled paper[/url]
4) add decorative corners(use punches, stickers, rubons- be creative)
STEP FOUR- The economy is tough so make your own embellishments! Make TWO handmade embellishments but ONE must be:
- [url=http://razzledscrapper.blogspot.com/2011/05/counterfeit-kit-may-blog-hop.html]Jean bow ties [/url]
- [url=http://www.scrapbook.com/videos/?m=view&v=1271]Tissue Paper Butterfly[/url]
- Homemade [url=http://crystalscraftycreations.blogspot.com/2011/05/homemade-washai-tape-mini-tutorial.html]washai tape[/url]
- add [url=http://scrappinmargie.blogspot.com/2011/02/how-to-make-decorative-page-pebblesa.html]page pebbles[/url] or [url=http://andreawalford.com/stampin-up-tutorial-tuesday-faux-page-pebbles]more page pebbles[/url]
STEP FIVE- Time to add embellishments. Feel free to add others or more but ONE must be stickles or glitter
STEP SIX-- Title Time with a Twist. It's up to you about placement, product and size, but whatever you use ONE of the following-
D) "bling it up" in some way
E) Glossy Accents: just add some glossy accents
F) make it pop add pop-dots or even cardboard, balled up scrap paper, or anything to make the title the whole or part of the title pop
STEP SEVEN- Add whatever doodles and journaling you want to the page, but you use TWO of the following-
5) at least two lines of journaling on the page or hidden on the page
6) Doodle a flower or florish. Here's some [url=http://www.papercraftjunkies.com/content/2009/01/doodling-made-easy-series-3/]examples[/url]
7) Make an envelop from one of the templates [url=http://www.ruthannzaroff.com/mirkwooddesigns/templates.htm]here[/url]and tuck a note into it.
8) Find a spot to create a Zen-doodle