Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Family Ties

This is my husband posing with his youngest daughter at our wedding. This is the front cover of her "junk mail" album. That's right we're using that highly useful junk mail envelopes as the base for the album. I made it using my counterfeit kit and used the artist Two Dogs' layout "Butterflies" as the inspiration.


I did all the cut and planning on the layout, but I did not glue anything in place. I gave my stepdaughter a baggie of all the pieces and showed her a copy of two dogs page and she glued everything in place.

She wants to scrapbook because her sister and I are interested in scrapping so this is an arrangement we came up with so she could scrap along. She says craftings not her thing, but I think she did an amazing job. I can't wait to see what she's going to do with our family video footage with MovieMaker which is her thing.

Here's a "Grunge Flower" as shown by the very talent Wendy on her blog.



She cleverly painted over the word "Ties." It was in the red, white and blue pattern and got lost on the page. I just love how it looks like blue jeans.

This month Two Dogs AKA Toni is the muse of the month at Pages In Times. So I made this page show for the Scraplift the Muse challenge.

2 comments:

  1. She did a beautiful job on this layout. You're a great stepmom to encourage her creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great!!! I love what you and your daughter did with everything!

    ReplyDelete