Saturday, November 7, 2009

Distressed Plague

Like most things scrap related. I cannot take credit for developing it. I noticed this plaque looking title made by LaBonita and had to try it. I took pictures as I made it in case anyone else would like to try it.

You will need:
Chipboard or thick letters or objects
Card board
Hot glue
Scissors
Dry wall tape - mesh - found mine at Lowes
Aluminum tape - got mine from the local hardware store
Paints or inks to use for distressing
Wooden Skewers



Glue the letters or whatever you want an impression of onto the box. Line around the edges with the mesh.



I cut a strip off of the mesh to give it a more distressed look.




Next cover the box or plaque in aluminum tape. I used a wooden skewer to rub the aluminum down to provide more depth.



Distress and give the plaque its final colors and distressing with distressing inks and stuff. I used cherry stain and green paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment