Sunday, September 20, 2009

Play Dress-Up with Your Flowers

Sometimes flowers just call out their desire to get dressed up. Listen closely and you may hear your flowers beg to wear a boa.





I used bright flowers from a cheap lei.




Next, I cut small piece of a fiberish yarn. This yarn was something I picked up at the dollar store.






I tied floss around it and attached it using the floss. This step is repeated for an additional layer.






With the last layer, I used fewer yarn pieces because I strung two through a bead a sewed one under the bead.




I had fun making a neon rainbow stamped stork. I simply painted stripes across the stamp instead of using ink.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stacey enjoyed the way you dressed up these flowers really cute idea. Would love you to check out our blog and hopefully find something you like there.
    http://cherrylanecrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete