Friday, August 5, 2011

August Counterfeit Kit Revealed





Once again, I'm playing along with the great forgers at Counterfeit Kits. They take popular kit clubs and encourage crafters to mimic their kits by shopping in their own stash.

For the month of August, they are encouraging scrapers to replica the one or more of the September editions of the My Creative Scrapbook Kit. I really shouldn't be playing this monthly because August will be so busy, but I want to complete a mini album before I go back to work and I felt September's limit edition kit was perfect for a baby girl album.



Most of the papers are from ColorBok "Party Animal Edition." There are two sheets of Miss Elizabeth and one sheet of gcd from the "Eye Candy" package. The striped paper from gcd is double sided and I'll probally use some of the backside too since it I feel it coordinates with the kit. The teal looking page is a piece of wall paper and the big flower paper is gift wrap. I had them and they matched the kit so they were added. I can't find my gate, so I left it off for now. My journaling spots are print outs so I will color them to match whatever I'm working on. I did include a few flowers I received from a swap, but I'm obbssessed with making my own flowers so I'm sure I'll do that. I included a silver leaf and beaded clump, but I don't feel they coordinate with my kit so they may have to get colored. I did include a pile of matching beads and I may make a coordinating bead embellishment and bypass the silver. I have lots of ribbon and lace since this is a mini album.

11 comments:

  1. very pretty. like your ribbons and the silver leaves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great papers and colors, they will make a great album. I am making a little mini envelope album with my add on kit too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a terrifically fun idea! I hadn't heard about Counterfeit Kits before, thanks so much for posting about them, Stacey.

    Wishing you a beautiful, wonderfully creative week!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some very pretty bits here! Great counterfeit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the colors you chose, much like my kit for August! nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty kit, I kept my kit small because of back to school stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely, lovely ribbons and trims that you've chosen. Hope you enjoy your kit!

    ReplyDelete